Monday, March 16, 2009

Leaf Assignment

Find a short easily reached branch - one that is dormant now, but will have plenty of leaves in the summer. It would be great if it was covered with snow. Each week (possibly more often), photograph the branch as it buds, and finally blossoms. You may consider turning on the date stamp when you take the pictures. When May comes turn your collection of stills into a video.
Using your camera this way, not only uses your creative energies but also lets you have some fun with science and nature. This is a great one for kids of all ages.

In my experiment the images were completed by using the "still-mode" on a Sony video camera. A still camera will have much sharper images. You will notice that the date stamp was turned on.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I believe I missed the snow version in Florida but I look forward to finding a bud or two to try this out.

vhammett said...

I think I will try this and will let you know if I am satisfied with my "work."