Monday, March 16, 2009

Another iPhone Photo

While walking, I noticed a wild iris and thought this might make for another interesting iPhone experiment. So, I hung out over the boardwalk, got about 6 inches from the flower, waited for the breeze to pause, and took this shot.

Here's the behind the scene story.
I made 6 exposures with 2 of them usable. Four of them were using my Griffin Clarifi close-up lens/case and the two acceptable shots came from these four. This little case is on my iPhone all the time. It offers some protection for the phone and has a close-up lens that slides in front of the phone's lens when needed. I like it. With this tool you can focus as close as 4 inches. Check it out at http://www.griffintechnology.com/products/clarifi?ICID=2.

The cropping was pretty close, to what I wanted, right from the camera, but I was not comfortable with the sharpness. I use an iPhone app known as Photogene. This took care of sharpening and a little tweaking with the exposure. Both these tools work well using Photogene and they can all be done from within the camera.

My point is, that you can tell a photographic story with almost any equipment. Get out there with your camera -everything looks better, when you start making photographs!

Oh, Ya... I know not everybody lives in Florida, and has irises growing outdoors at this time. Well to get you in the spirit of spring too, take a look at the next blog, Leaf Assignment.

1 comment:

phil said...

Whoa- wicked clarity. Especially like the aphid in the lower LH corner.